Are you struggling with what you can focus on to help your business and personal life?
If you are anything like us, we know you receive hundreds of different messages every day about public health, the economy, business ownership and what we’re expected to see in the future. Realistically it is impossible to know what the future holds, so instead focus on the present and what you can do today.
Below is a practical list of ways we think you can come out of this challenging period on top:
- Optimise your website. Get your social media platforms up to scratch. Work on your business from the inside and get it looking fabulous.
- Revisit how you are marketing your business. Consider establishing a low-risk revenue-boosting campaign for your brand. Is your Social Media not looking up to scratch? Re-adjust your posts to address the current situation.
- Research different tools that allow you to remain in clear communication with your colleagues. The Internet is now being used to connect businesses with customers in ways which society has never seen before. In months of April and March 2020, online chatrooms, events and webinars became a staple in most industries. We can still work at the same calibre as before and adapt to whatever is thrown at us to continue to serve our consumers. Zoom is becoming increasingly popular but also experiment with other providers like Facebook Workplace, Tomates and Trello to see what works the best for your business.
- Check-in with yourself. Meditate! Follow a yoga tutorial on YouTube! Go for a walk! Dance and sing like crazy in your living room! This is a challenging time, but “humanity is resilient and strong beyond imagination” (Tony Robbins). Your efforts to provide clarity to your customers will be ten times better if it’s coming from a genuine place rather than a place of desperation. Use this increase of time at home to try your hand at a new hobby and take care of yourself.
- Update your Google My Business profile if your trading hours or contact information has now changed, so your customers know how to reach you. As there are now restrictions on face-to-face communication, see if your business needs to implement a new means of communication and what works best for you.
- Shift from trying to sell your business to people, to adding value to what you already have, your only job right now is to educate your customers not to sell to them. Come from a place of gratitude for the customers you already have. If you work on improving the quality of your business rather than just selling it, the people will come naturally.
- Maintain open and honest communication. Stay true to your employees. These challenging times will end, and when it does, you will want them within arm’s reach. Provide calm and clarity to your consumers.
Focus on what you can control. We have full faith that we will be resilient in these times, and with your business effort going to the right places, we are sure that you will not only survive but you will thrive and come out the other side stronger than ever. If you are interested in learning more on how to focus on what you can control then please don’t hesitate to reach out by sending us a message here. We’d love to help!